Do It Yourself Home Décor Ideas
When it comes to adding your own personal touch to your home or apartment, there is no better way than with do it yourself (or DIY) home décor. Not only does this allow you to transfer the room on a budget, it allows you to create pieces that are perfectly within your style and to update those outdated pieces that you cannot bear to part with. Use some of the following ideas in your own home to see the real difference.
- Bed Head – Why not update your old bed head by painting it in fresh new colours or even upholstering it for a more luxurious look? Make sure you choose colours that are used elsewhere throughout the bedroom.
- Curtain Tiebacks – Make some creative tiebacks for your curtains using anything that you find lying around the house. What about some pretty ribbon or even a swiveleye snap hook and a key ring.
- Chairs – Why not reupholster your dining chairs or some other seats in your home? You could even repaint the chairs so that they complement the style of the room a little better or match your chosen fabric.
- Furniture – It’s likely that you have plenty of furniture that doesn’t always match; instead of getting rid of it, especially if it has sentimental value, try painting it in fresh colours so that the pieces match better.
- Corkboard – Try making your own corkboard by making a frame (or using one from an old picture or mirror) and adhering some cloth in a colour of your choice to an old corkboard.
- Paper Lamps – These are great for kids bedrooms; get some rice paper lamps (often available at Ikea) and cover them with pieces of paper or fabric in a colour and shape (like strips or triangles) of your choice.
Really, there is no end to the DIY home décor projects that you can undertake in your own home. If you have been looking for the ideal way to add your own little spark of personality to the space without breaking the bank on a full blown renovation, some of the creative ideas that we have outlined above could be just what you have been looking for. Make sure you choose appropriate colours for the space and your project is sure to be a success.